View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
To put it quite simply, I just don't get it. I'm not trying to deny anyone the right to listen to, like, and post about whatever the hell they want. That shipped sailed about 4 years ago on this board. But I just don't get it. I fail to see what makes Lady Gaga so special - or frankly, anything less than downright annoying, which is how I view her music. It's pretty much a juggernaut of every element I dislike about most pop music rolled into one. I just don't really understand what makes her so different that she's become accepted (seemingly now non-ironically) by so many metal fans. If I was going to cross over into pure pop music, she would definitely not be one of my first choices. Color me confused I guess.
Yeah, I see what you're saying. Her music's isn't that interesting beyond being really catchy (and when you consider the whole point of pop music is to be catchy, that's not really special either). She's a very talented singer, and I like a couple of her songs, but I wouldn't buy a whole album. And yeah, I'm pretty confused as to why she's so popular with this crowd.