Some fuel for discussion, one of my two bosses over at the Quietus, John Doran, contributed a blog post on the 20 heaviest albums ever for NME.
1. Electric Wizard - Dopethrone
2. SunnO))) - ии Void
3. Black Sabbath - Master of Reality
4. UFOmammut - Eve
5. Sleep - Dopesmoker
6. Overmars - Born Again
7. Godflesh - Streetcleaner
8. Thorr's Hammer - Dommedagsnett
9. Part Chimp - I Am Come
10. Khanate - Things Viral
11. Warhorse - As Heaven Turns to Ash
12. Admiral Angry - Buster
13. Slayer - Reign in Blood
14. Cobalt - Eater of Birds
15. EyeHateGod - Dopesick
16. Anaal Nathrakh - The Codex Necro
17. Earth - Earth 2
18. Swans - Cop
19. Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
20. Meshuggah - Chaosphere
1) I'm canceling my ticket back from England and moving into the Quietus offices permanently.
2) He's dead fucking right about Overmars, Cobalt, EyeHateGod and Anaal Nathrakh. And a lot of the doom stuff, too, even if it's not quite as up my alley.