View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 07:52 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

# 26

Deicide
Legion

The opener, "Satan Spawn, the Caco-Daemon" has such an eerie and evil intro, the first time I listened to this album, I knew I was going to love it. The track went on the become my all-time favorite Deicide track, so I'm obviously partial to this album. Being a more technical album for Deicide, make's it stand out amongst their other releases, but though it's more technical, it doesn't lack brutality in any way. Glen's lyrics are great throughout, especially since they're all natural, not manipulated in the studio, as in their 1st release.

I remember on the way to a concert a few years ago playing this album, and a buddy who had never heard Deicide said "Dude, their drumming is fuckin' heavy." Uh yeah, you could say that. Steve Asheim's drumming on this one is killer. A few nights ago, I listened to the album from start to finish, and my head was dizzy for about an hour after. After the opening 'Spawn', 'Dead But Dreaming' kicks in and it's such a catchy tune to my ears. Definately a reason why this one is the only song from this album to remain in their live set. Though I wish they played much more from this album, 'Dead' is a killer tune. The 4th track 'Trifixion' starts w/ a slow (for Deicide) intro and isn't as brutal as other tracks on the album, but it remains a favorite of mine. It's slower rhthym w/ a nasty double bass behind it rattles the insides. The "in the name of Satan........." spoken part is awesome at the end of that one. The rest of the album, while not being bad, doesn't have a whole lot of highlights, or anything I found spectacular. But the first four songs on this album solidify it as a classic.

Standout Tracks
Satan Spawn, The Caco-Daemon
Trifixion

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)