View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 02:16 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Aborted
Slaughter and Apparatus : A Methodical Overture

While Aborted is not one of my favorite bands, I enjoy most of their work, especially their lyrics . What stuck out to me on this album is how I was actually able to decifer most of the songs on the first listen. Much of their work kinda blends together and can get boring. Sven's vocal style is a big plus in my book, too. He uses a unique combo of extremely low gutteral growls, medium growls, and a sort of "hardcore" shout. Usually that type of hardcore shout in grindcore would irk me, but I like it.

The album opens w/ The Chondrin Enigma, which includes a sorta boring intro, but cuts into some nasty brutal grindcore rather quickly (aka puts a smile on my face). Probably the best song on the album. I really dig the solo in the 7th track, 'Archetype: Malice & Scorn'. Many people praise their newest album, 'Strychnine.213' for being the most diverse, but this album has more diversity in it's songs, which puts it as my favorite Aborted album. As I said before, I'm not an expert on all things Aborted, so if there are some things here that you don't agree with, I'm sorry.

Favorite Tracks
The Chondrin Enigma
And Carnage Basked In Its Ebullience

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)