View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 09:59 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
It's totally fine if you like those bands more than 'Deth and Slayer, but don't be a dick about it state it like it's a fact.
Yeah, because clearly no one ever ever states their opinions as if they're fact, especially on this forum and in this thread.

Everyone holds and states an opinion on a topic as if they believe it to be true. That's the purpose that opinions serve. If you don't agree with me, then hey, that's fine. But my post was not only stating my opinion about the bands in question, but also a response to the guy who said "don't compare Gojira and LoG to the big 4", or something. As if being around longer and having that status of being legendary automatically makes them immune to comparison to newer bands without such a reputation. It's funny, because i'm sure if I said the opposite of the matter (Megadeth and Slayer are better than Lamb of God and Gojira), then no one would be chiming in and saying anything about that. But because some of the big 4 were compared unfavourably to other bands, oh noes! Blasphemy!11!!11!

Seriously, if you disagree with me, that's fine. And if you want to rebuttle and basically just state that opinion as if it's a fact, that's also fine. I just hate when people get so upset when their favourite bands are talked about negatively and people have to be all "Ohh, well that's only your opinion bro..." Because one thing that's 10x more annoying than people who are dicks about their opinions are the people who have to chime in and say how it's only their opinions and that you can't say something is better than the other without stating "I think" or "in my opinion" at the beginning of it.