View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 08:51 PM
N00B

Nice review! I was working on my own review in a separate thread, but you beat me to it! So I'll just add my comments here.

For those wondering about set times, I arrived at 8:30 and Blackguard was just finishing. Powerglove played from 9:00 to 9:30. Symphony X played from 9:55 to 11:20.

I had never heard of Powerglove before this show... apparently they are a metal band that plays video game music? Their set was pretty fun, and the crowd definitely seemed to enjoy it. If you're going to this tour, I recommend arriving early enough to check them out.

This was my third time seeing Symphony X, but my first time seeing them headline, and also my first time seeing any material from the Paradise Lost album. So I was quite pleased with the setlist. The band seemed to be having a lot of fun on stage, and they sounded great. The new songs sounded absolutely awesome. Can't wait to get the new album.

I was pretty bummed when I heard Nevermore and Soilwork dropped off the tour, but this still turned out to be a great show. Don't miss it!