View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 10:49 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Seems to be pretty similar to the other nights so far. Got a review at all for us? Personally I'm diggin VoM's set and especially Acacia's. Its gonna be a great performance from them Sunday, haters gonna hate

I still think thats too many new songs for Whitechapel. Only 2 from The Somatic Defilement? That was their best record by far, and probably my favorite deathcore record. I'd like me some Devirginary Studies or Ear to Ear. A New Era was a verrrrrry average deathcore record in my opinion, whereas Wormwood by Acacia was completely amazing, encompassing the perfect amount of groove, speed, and vocals. The more Acacia plays off that, the better.
Personally from what I saw from I Declare War (was in the middle of an interview with TAS when they started) they sounded good. I personally think they are going to get pretty big in the next bit. Their singer is also one scary mother****** on stage.

Veil of Maya sounded tight. Vocals at times were hard to hear, but otherwise awesome.

The Acacia Strain, love'em or hate'em, they rocked the place. It went absolutely mental. Vincent was battling a fever but trooped it out.

Whitechapel was Whitechapel. Anytime i've seen them, they are always on. I ended up interviewing Phil Bozeman and grabbing a bite with him before the show. Super nice dude. Gotta say he does put on quite the "stage voice" inbetween songs though. Compared to what he sounded like in our interview, you would never know it was the shame person. Such a cool dude though.