View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

The Nanotear, Metalliance and Profound Lore gigs look tasty. The NEMHF thing with Trap Them and Bison might not be too bad, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
If I get into UT Austin, I will try to plan my visit around SXSW.
I was just at UT Austin a few weeks ago. They have one of the leading research programs in the country for carbon dioxide capture from coal flue gas in utility power plants, which is the area in which I'm currently working. I see folks from UT all the time at conferences and conventions, and in fact I have an e-mail in to the head of their CO2 research program right now regarding some questions about their experience and recommendations in this area.

I'm hoping I have to make another trip down there during SXSW, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyway, when I was there a few weeks ago, there wasn't much going on in terms of metal shows, but all the folks I talked to about the subject seemed to be in agreement that Austin has one hell of a music scene in general - for metal and everything else as well. That would be a killer place to go to school, if you ask me.