View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 04:25 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post

my friend and i who have liked folk metal for years won 8 tickets off facebook. so we decided to take our friends who we always hang out with, but don't go to shows with because they don't listen to metal. they were all interested in going since it was free. they have been to shows before but never a folk metal show so they had no idea what to expect even though they did hear some songs from both bands prior to the show and somewhat liked it. basically they all loved the show and all had a blast. all of us moshed and folk danced a lot, even the 3 girls we took went in the pit a few times. they just expected to have an okay watching metal bands but they had no idea the show was going to be that much to them. after last night they all pretty understand why i go to shows so much now. they all said they'd be interested in going to more shows with me so that's cool.
Yeah I took 2 friends that don't even like metal at all to a Korpiklaani show and they had a blast. There are just some bands that are just pure fun live...doesn't matter if they're not your thing.