View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 05:30 PM
N00B

X-voltage's top albums of 2010

I was just looking at other people's 2010 list, so I decided to make one too (even though it's a little late). This list is of the bands I personally listen to, I'm not considering other bands' albums, since I haven't listened to them.

10. Hellyeah- Stampede: I don't think it's nearly as good as their debut, but still a decent album.
(6/10)

9. As I Lay Dying- The Powerless Rise: I love An Ocean Between Us, but this album did not live up to its predecessor. I still do enjoy it. The breakdown on Anodyne Sea is one of my favorites of all time.
(6.5/10)

8. All That Remains- For We Are Many: I love Fall of Ideals and This Darkened Heart and most of Overcome. This album has some great songs like For We Are Many, Some of the People All of the Time, and Dead Wrong but the I think it's their weakest effort of the last four albums.
(7/10)

7. Rob Zombie- Hellbilly Deluxe 2: When this album first came out, I loved it. I don't listen to it nearly as much as I used to. I've seen Rob Zombie live 3 times since this album has come out and he has been absolutely amazing each time. One of my favorite live acts. Love his movies too. There's a few songs off of this album that are great live (Sick Bubblegum with the giant balls flying around the crowd, Jesus Frankenstein, and What)
(7.5/10)

6. Disturbed- Asylum: I found this to be the typical Disturbed album. Don't get me wrong, I like Disturbed but I think most of their albums only produce about 5 maybe 6 good songs, and this album does just that. I saw them in Bloomington, Illinois this past January and they were great. New songs were awesome live. Standouts on album: Asylum, The Animal, Another Way to Die, My Child, Sacrifice.
(7.5/10)

5. Soilwork- The Panic Broadcast: I really enjoyed this album. Good to see Pete Wichers back. A lot of great songs including Late for the Kill, Early for the Slaughter, Two Lives Worth of Reckoning, The Thrill, Deliverance is Mine, and Enter Pavlov's Dog. I absolutely have loved the last three albums, and my favorite is by far Stabbing the Drama (one of my top 15 albums of all time).
(8/10)

4. Black Label Society- Order of the Black: Just a killer album. So many great songs including Crazy Horse, Parade of the Dead, Overlord, and Godspeed Hellbound. It's good to see BLS is back on track after their disappointing last album.
(8/10)

3. Chimaira- Coming Alive: My second favorite band behind Metallica. Just saw them this past December in Chicago. Awesome!!! I know this cd isn't a studio album, but it has sooooo many features. The live cd is great with a huge set (for Chimaira), it includes a dvd of the same concert, and about 5 or 6 extra hours of bonus features that are a MUST SEE, including the documentaries for Resurrection and The Infection.
(9.5/10)

2. Fear Factory- Mechanize: Probably my third or fourth favorite band of all time, and when this cd came out, I didn't stop listening to it for at least 4 months. I haven't decided if this or Demanufacture is my favorite Fear Factory album, but both are in my top 15 of all time. Each song is terrific and the fact that Dino is back is amazing. I can't believe they made such a great album late in their career (the situation reminds me of Machine Head's The Blackening).
(10/10)

1. Stone Sour- Audio Secrecy: I've been a Stone Sour fan for a long time, and I absolutely love their first two cd's. I believe this cd is a masterpiece and is in my top 10 of all time. I know it's not too metal, but I do consider it metal (even though it is probably their softest album). I hope this cd catches on down the road like GNR's Appetite for Destruction did. I think this is BY FAR Corey Taylor's best vocal album. Every song (including the bonus tracks which are a must buy because they may be the best 3 songs on the album) is amazing, and couldn't be written any better. Stone Sour said that this is the album they always wanted to make and this is how they wanted to sound, and I completely agree with them.
(10/10)