Thread: 2011.....
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 03:12 PM
not the mama

Earth - Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light 1 (If you like Earth then of course you will like this release, another western-doom sounding album...now with a cello)

Glassjaw - Our Color Green EP (Damn good release, every song on here kills. Especially "You Think You're John Fucking Lennon")

Noisear - Subvert the Dominant Paradigm (Incredible grind release. I wasn't a fan of their old stuff but this release really blew me away. Even the 20 minute noise track at the end is awesome!)

Shpongle - The God Particle EP (Not as insane sounding as their other stuff, it's more focused. I would argue that it doesn't really sound like them at all here. But even so, these 2 tracks are really nice sounding and I had them on a loop for about an hour, something kept drawing me back)

Wadge - Grindcore Lu'au (It's grindcore with traditional Hawaiian style lu'au influences. Check it out for the novelty!)

Other stuff I listened to:
Burzum - Fallen (The clean vocals made it catchy but I am just not the black metal type)
Thomas Giles - Pulse (BTBAM member solo project. It's alright. The main problem I have with this is that when it's good, it sounds like Combichrist, which just made me wanna listen to Combichrist. Another thing is he uses a bunch of different styles, acoustic stuff to electronic but in the end it always sounded like something I've heard before)
Macabre - Grim Scary Tales (Terrible. I deleted this after like the 3rd song)