View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 05:24 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt11763 View Post
that opening band sounds like they could be awesome to me, any chance you could remember who they were?
Now that I've had the day to catch up, I now remember they were called Odoun.

Also, I forgot to add in Freakonomics to the set-list. And guys, the concert was still amazing even if I didn't get a long set. I mean, five songs from S/T?! How awesome is that? Frankly, any concert longer than 90 minutes I consider a bonus given the let-downs I've had in the past. (Rob Halford playing for barely an hour as a headliner, and Brent Hinds' set-killing freakout at Oakland being the first that come to mind). Anyway, I'm fairly sure the shorter set wasn't actually the bands' fault. The billing was advertised as just Clutch and Valient Thorr from 7 to 11. I think the promoter tacked on another opener without telling the others and started the show 30 minutes late. Even Valient Himself mentioned that they were gonna cut their set short so that Clutch wouldn't have to suffer. Given that SLO is pretty much a college town, I'd bet that their 11 o'clock curfew is pretty well enforced, which definitely wouldn't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Sup
Play guitar Tony?
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16

Last edited by Onioner; 01-31-2011 at 05:32 PM.