View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 12:25 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
see, the thing here is that you havent seen Tool, so checking out Schism makes sense. But alot of us diehards have seen them many times, and the song hasn't left the setlist EVER since it came out.

Rosetta Stoned is barely even a song. Glad that's been removed.

Flood live is badass, but again, they draw it out unnecessarily with a long intro that takes away from the time they could be giving us more material.

the biggest timewasters are all the unnecessary droney segues and interludes. they want to set a mood, but its a copout and they go on for over 5 minutes at a time. We want SONGS, especially at $80 a ticket or more. I won't see them again until they put more effort into the music side of their shows (the stage show/lighting etc is top notch). Again, this all falls on Maynard. the rest of the guys aren't held back, they've eluded as much in interviews. Plus, they've been working on the music side of a new album for years now....hmm, guess who's holding up the process?
They make the intro to Flood longer than the four minutes that it is? That I wouldn't mind because I would expect that.

$80 for tickets. I wouldn't see Tool unless I was somehow able to get in for free.