View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 12:13 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
SEPULTURA totally ANNIHILATES Soulfly in performance. I saw Soulfly in November last year and they were good no doubt about it but Sepultura was fucking amazing. Like I said before....I'm not trying to kiss the bands ass all I simply ask is you guys go to one of the shows during their upcoming tour and then come and tell me if you thought they sucked or not?(I think DethMaiden has seen them aswell and could probably vouch for me on this one )

I really love their last two releases and after going to these last two shows(I just got back from the Hollywood show)I'm glad to know I am not the only one that really loves the new stuff. The pits really got intense and brutal during songs like the "The Treatment" and "WHAT I DO?" and everyone was singing the lyrics word for word, it was awesome!. The brand new song they played off the upcoming album also sounded really great(apparently Roy Z was at the show tonight, checking out the bands performance since hes producing the upcoming record). But to answer your question, yes it's definitely worth checking out the old stuff....Especially when they are playing the majority of the albums written and played by Andreas Kisser
Damn...even without Max on vocals?
However, I am watching some videos right now and they honestly sound fine without him
The only bad thing is that I think the setlist on their upcoming tour won't be nearly as long as this one *won't have nearly as many old songs*.
First of all, this was more of an "exclusive" show than anything, so it obviously had an extra-long set
Second, there's six bands on their upcoming tour so naturally they will have to shorten their set.