View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 02:05 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
damn there are a LOT of old songs in that set...

okay Sep, here are my questions for you:
-Compare Sepultura playing old songs vs. Soulfly playing old songs. During which band did they sound better?
SEPULTURA totally ANNIHILATES Soulfly in performance. I saw Soulfly in November last year and they were good no doubt about it but Sepultura was fucking amazing. Like I said before....I'm not trying to kiss the bands ass all I simply ask is you guys go to one of the shows during their upcoming tour and then come and tell me if you thought they sucked or not?(I think DethMaiden has seen them aswell and could probably vouch for me on this one )

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
-is it even worth it going just to see old songs being played?
I really love their last two releases and after going to these last two shows(I just got back from the Hollywood show)I'm glad to know I am not the only one that really loves the new stuff. The pits really got intense and brutal during songs like the "The Treatment" and "WHAT I DO?" and everyone was singing the lyrics word for word, it was awesome!. The brand new song they played off the upcoming album also sounded really great(apparently Roy Z was at the show tonight, checking out the bands performance since hes producing the upcoming record). But to answer your question, yes it's definitely worth checking out the old stuff....Especially when they are playing the majority of the albums written and played by Andreas Kisser

Meaningless Movements was the highlight for me just because it was so damn unexpected and really never thought of it being on the set.
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer