View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 02:19 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Review on Concerts

Top 10 performances

10. Smashing Pumpkins at SSMF - Hollywood, CA: I have been wanting to see Smashing Pumpkins for years and finally got to see them at the SSMF on Sunset Blvd, right in front of the Key Club. They performed for an hour and 40 minutes of all the songs I wanted to hear. It would have been perfect if they played Disarm, but I was happy with what I got.

9. MGMT at Fox - Pomona, CA: This was my second time seeing MGMT. I guess I saw them in 2008 open for Metaliica and Bad Religion at a KROQ fest, but didnít know who they were. Congratulations just came out a few months before, so they were touring for that album. They played 9 of 10 songs off each of the two albums they have out plus 2 songs from random eps. It was perfect. I got to hear every single song I want to hear, so I never need to see them live again, unless a new cd comes out.

8. Repulsion at the Echoplex - Echo Park,CA: Repulsion is such a great band. I will see these guys every single time they perform out here. So fast and aggressive. This was a free show, so that made it even better. They played all of Horrified minus two songs and a few other songs. They played for 50 minutes and I was loving every moment.

7. Brandon Flowers at the Fox - Pomona,CA: The Killers are another one of my favorite bands. I have never been able to see them live. I found out Brandon Flowers had a solo cd coming out, I bought it the day it came out and loved it the first time I heard it. Found out he was playing 15 minutes from my house, so I went. I had balcony seats, but was able to trick a security guard into giving me a floor wrist band and found a spot in the very front. He performed the entire new cd plus the Clock was Tickiní, a song I really like. He cover Betty Davis Eyes and When You Were Young. Such a great performance. After the show, I pushed my way through the crowd outside and met him.

6. Suffocation at Whisky - Hollywood, CA: The best Halloween I have had so far. Got to see one of my favorite bands to mosh to and dress up. This was my 6th or 7th time seeing Suffocation, but I had the best time. It was cool seeing Jigsaw, Jason and Michael Meyers going at it in the pit haha.