View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 05:55 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Not at all. Check the thread for CD's of the last decade. It was my #1 choice and off the top of my head I can maybe name 8 or 9 better cd's of all time. Add in the additional cd with the Special Edition and it might even climb a spot higher. Start to finish a total masterpiece for me.

As far as Roadrunner goes, they posted 50+ lists and I found it interesting looking them over. It's good to expose yourself to as many informed opinions as you can. I hear so much shit regurgitated on some sites that it's good to hear people who don't think the last 4 Maiden albums are their 4 best. hahahaha

Seriously though, I don't know how much cred you can give them but over a publication like Rolling Stone, Roadrunner is God.
Well to each their own I guess. I bought the CD because I had heard it was a massive return to form... a form that hadn't been seen since their first album. It was a return to form of sorts I guess. Definitely a step up from what was before it, but that's not saying much. It's a good album though, 3 or 4 good songs... a couple decent ones, and a couple stinkers. Anyway, just surprised me to see top 10 of all time.