View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

45.Fear Factory-Mechanize

There's nothing glaringly wrong with Mechanize, it's just a really subpar album. Every track is just average, nothing horrible, but nothing good either. I really don't understand all the praise for this record. To each his own, but I found Mechanize to be the most mediocre record of 2010.
Standout Tracks
Insert any track, they are all on the same level of mediocrity.

44.Kylesa-Spiral Shadow

I was really looking forward to Spiral Shadow. Their previous release, Static Tensions, was a great record and one of the best of 2009. Sadly, Spiral Shadow doesn't really cut it. A good of majority of the tracks just didn't click with me(especially "Forsaken" and "To Forget"). I found it to be way too artsy at times and that the side of Kylesa I don't really enjoy. The tracks that do work well("Tired Climb","Crowded Road") are just as good as the stuff on Static Tensions. Spiral Shadow was the biggest dissapointment of 2010 for me. I hope Kylesa's next record goes back to a more sludgey sound.

Standout Tracks
1.Tired Climb
2.Crowded Road
3.Spiral Shadow

43.The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza-Danza III:The Series Of Unfortunate Events

This record is pretty chaotic. The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza is best in small doses. Their sound does become grating after a while, mainly because of the sloppy production and muddy vocals. The main reason this record is pretty decent is the guitarwork. Josh Travis is one hell of a player and he fits Danza's style perfectly. I think if Danza workedout some of the kinks with production and songwriting(mainly with the weak breakdowns that aren't needed that most of their songs have), we could be looking at a very good band. A flawed, but solid effort.
Standout Tracks
1.There's A Time and A Place For Everything
2.Vicki Mayhem
3.A Trail Of Tears
8/9 Summer Slaughter
9/28 Coheed

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/