View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

48.Black Tusk-Taste The Sin

Black Tusk had been getting a lot of hype, being a huge sludge fan, I checked them out. There is nothing really wrong with Taste The Sin, it's just that nothing really stands out. Black Tusk is pretty much a poor man's Baroness or Kylesa. There are some solid riffs and nice grooves, but for the most part it's just a subpar sludge record that isn't anything special.
Standout Tracks
1.Unleash The Wrath
2.Snake Charmer
3.The Takeoff

47.Mutiny Within-Mutiny Within

Mutiny Within has gotten bunch of attention this year. They are the new tour whores. Their debut full-length is pretty average stuff. They have some talent and solid guitarwork. What takes away from this band for me is the vocals. Chris Clancy has a decent voice, it's just that sometime there is a way too much of a power-metal vibe to it. Not really enough here for me to call it a good record.
Standout Tracks
1.Years Of Affliction
2.Suffocate
3.Awake

46.Exodus-Exhibit B: The Human Condition

Exhibit B was one of the biggest letdowns of the year for me. I was really excited for this record going into the year. The main issue I had with it was the songs were too damn long. I have no issue with long songs, it's just the ones on Exhibit B aren't really intresting. There are few bright spots ("Hammer and Life" is fucking awesome.) This whole album is pretty much full of filler, I really expected better from Exodus.
Standout Tracks
1.Hammer and Life
2.A Perpetual State Of Indifference
3.Downfall
8/9 Summer Slaughter
9/28 Coheed

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/