View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

51.Bullet For My Valentine-Fever

I liked Bullet's first two records a decent amount, I have never been a big fan or anything like that. I checked out Fever and it's easily the worst record they have done. It has way too many clean vocals, which has never been Bullet's strong suit. Bullet always had a mainstream sound, this is just way too mainstream. There are still some good soloing and a couple of good riffs here and there, but for the most part it's a pretty tired effort.
Standout Tracks
1.The Last Fight
2.Alone

50.Disturbed-Asylum

When I first heard this record I thought it was decent. Upon repeat listens, it really started to grate on me. It's such a repeative record. 75% of the songs sound exactly the same. I was already starting to fade out of Disturbed, Aslyum is the nail in the coffin. Worst record Disturbed has done.
Standout Tracks
1.My Child
2.Aslyum
3.The Animal

49.Avenged Sevenfold-Nightmare

Nightmare must have been a difficult record to make. I respect Avenged Sevenfold for making this record after the loss of The Rev. Sadly, Nightmare isn't good. The albums gets way too bogged down with slow songs. Avenged Sevenfold can't play slow stuff. These tracks are completely lame and really drag the album down. Another factor that is underwhelming is how underused Mike Portnoy is. When you have a drummer like Mike Portnoy on a record, the drumming shouldn't be so subpar. Horrible use of such a great talent. What saved this album from being lower is the fact that the songs that are good are really good. It's a shame that the record in The Rev's memory isn't a good one.
Standout Tracks
1.God Hates Us
2.Buried Alive
3.Natural Born Killer
7/22 Converge

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/