View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
So how're we classifying underrated this time? Stuff that's been rated badly but is actually really good? Stuff that's so unknown it hasn't been rated at all? Or stuff that's not been rated as great in enough places?
Yeah basically. I'm sure you've seen more lists than I have. I've only seen a few websites, publications and everything on the main thread on here.

When a band like Agalloch is on so many lists and a cd like Lair of the Minotaur is on so few it makes me scratch my head. I'm not bashing Agalloch, just using them as an example. I would rate The Mantle, Pale Folklore & Ashes Against the Grain over Marrow of the Spirit but I've listened to all of those more times start to finish also. I prefer some cleaner vocals and more heavier music. Simplified music and black metal vocals seem fake and corny to me.

On the other hand some of the cd's I listed either grabbed me immediately like Howl & Lair of the Minotaur or really grew on me like Periphery & Heaven Shall Burn.

I don't think my Top 10 will be finalized until the last moment and it could change a few weeks after that. I just wanted to point out some great cd's that seem to not be getting their proper due since I've called out some other cd's as being overrated.
6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch & Janes Addiction