View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Top 5 Album Covers

First up will be my five favorite album covers from 2010:

5. Phobia – Unrelenting
A war driven cover, covered with skulls, makeshift graves, and machine gun ammo is the perfect piece of art to slap onto the cover of a 14 minute grind assault brought to you none other by grind legends Phobia.

4. Immolation – Majesty and Decay
This cover fits the album perfectly. It’s dark, brooding, and actually looks like it would be heavy. Definitely stuck out to me the first time I saw it.

3. Lightning Swords of Death – The Extra Dimensional Wound
I’m not really sure what exactly this album cover is supposed to be, but I think it’s awesome to look at. It’s very detailed and mysterious, and the indecipherable logo makes it all the better.

2. Darkthrone – Circle the Wagons
Another interesting piece by Dennis Dread, who has done art for the last couple releases by Darkthrone, as well as album covers for Autopsy, Abscess, and Phobia, to name a few. His ‘pencil-styled’ drawings are very unique and detailed, and work with Darkthrone’s new style pretty well.

1. Hour of Penance – Paradogma
Great cover. Perfect for anti-religious brutal death metal, with a church being brought down in flames by crosses with a bleeding Mary statue out front. It doesn’t get much better than that.