View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 02:40 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplinterMech View Post
It's not a matter of sucking it up, as I'm not necessarily offended by anything that's been said about the band or the disagreement with certain aspects of their live show. To disagree with the band's actions or dislike them because of said actions is one thing, but when you start calling their fans or people who adhere to similar belief systems as "clowns" or "fucking idiots", without necessarily having any real understanding of what it is they believe in or why, then it becomes personal. In the end, it's no real skin off my back as there are far more important things than some irrelevant internet argument to focus my time and attention on, but at some point I feel obligated to stick up for the fan base I am proudly a part of. Obviously no one is going to change anyone else's opinion on the matter of animal sacrifice/killing, though; as zgodt has just stated, "If you're not convinced, you're not convinced."
They are fucking idiots. It has nothing to do with what they believe in.

Question: how many times have you encountered them personally, or how many people do you know who have?