View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
That is the one thing with me. Lyrics and vocals rarely make me like or hate a band. I always pay attention to the music going on more then anything. I listen to Unraveling a lot and I bet you anything I couldn't have told you what the song was about until you mentioned it.

Splinter for example, that song is heavy as fuck. And I do not know the lyrics to the song besides the "You Think You Killed Me" line in the chorus but the riffs to that song are just badass, and make up for any whinyness Lajon is pulling off now.

But like I said, that's just me.

Part 5 will be coming up tonight at some point.
Yeah I think what got me also was in interviews they raved about how heavy this cd was going to be and how with Clint back they were getting back to their old style. At 1st listen it was way more like the last cd than Alpha or Seasons so I wrote it off immediately. I agree Splinter rocks and so does Inside from teh previous album. I just wish both had more songs like that. This one had a few chunkier riffs I'll give it that.

It's funny when I saw Chris Pennie I had to do a double take because I'm good friends with Chris Pernia from Pessimist and he was telling me about some new side project he was working on. I was hoping that was him.
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther