View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 06:38 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
It took 41 cd's for us to totally disagree. Not bad at all. I consider myself a HUGE 7dust fan and I personally hate the whiny and wimpy turn they've taken. The lyrics to Unraveling are polar opposite to the lyrics of Face to Face, their best song in my not-so-humble opinion. It's all about him being heartbroken and not being able to cope. I remember seeing them live and so many girls were singing along to that horrific song then they just stood there baffled during Face to Face. That spoke volumes to me. I like maybe 2 songs off eacjh of their last 2 cd's. They've gone way commercial and I'm done buying their cd's. Will definitely see them live though.

That is the one thing with me. Lyrics and vocals rarely make me like or hate a band. I always pay attention to the music going on more then anything. I listen to Unraveling a lot and I bet you anything I couldn't have told you what the song was about until you mentioned it.

Splinter for example, that song is heavy as fuck. And I do not know the lyrics to the song besides the "You Think You Killed Me" line in the chorus but the riffs to that song are just badass, and make up for any whinyness Lajon is pulling off now.

But like I said, that's just me.

Part 5 will be coming up tonight at some point.