View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
10. Landmine Marathon, Sovereign Descent
9. The Ocean, Heliocentric
8. Slough Feg, The Animal Spirits
7. Man's Gin, Smiling Dogs
6. Iron Maiden, The Final Frontier
5. Watain, Lawless Darkness
4. Blind Guardian, At the Edge of Time
3. Atheist, Jupiter
2. Alcest, Écailles de Lune
1. Ludicra, The Tenant
Pretty solid top ten, if you ask me. Mine will be pretty different, I think, but I like most of these well enough. Landmine Marathon is great - it keeps getting better with every listen. Heliocentric is incredible - and to think I actually didn't like it at all, at first. I think the vocals surprised me in a negative way, but then they grew on me and now I love it. Man's Gin is a true gem. Very addicting sounds right there. I've listened to the new Watain, and it's pretty decent. I've no complaints with it. Same with Atheist, although I definitely don't like it enough to put in in "my five", but that's just me. Finally, that Ludicra album is fucking tits...no doubt. I'm curious to see where it falls on my finalized list - there was actually a plethora of awesome shit this year, despite the weak start (for the longest time, Arsis and High on Fire were the only albums I really liked).

I don't know why I can't seem to get into Alcest, although I admit I haven't tried that hard. Agalloch, same way. I might try again soon - many folks whose opinions I respect have big love for them. Anyway, nice list overall. Lots of stuff on there that I don't expect to see on many other lists, so you go boy.