View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Lots of albums in this list which were just OK in my opinion. I think some high scores are being given just because "the cool cats are supposed to like records by this band". Maybe it's just me. For example...no fucking way Torche belongs in the top ten. As much as I loved Meanderthal and as much as I enjoy Torche's music in general..."Songs for Singles" was marginally interesting at best. Another example is Thou - I saw them (by mistake) at Scion Rock Fest, and those guys are just plain fucking AWFUL. That must have been another "cool kid" vote right there (although honestly, I don't know what's so cool about them). Hell - even Triptykon and Watain weren't THAT good. I mean, they were both very, very good albums - especially Triptykon - but just not good enough to be in the top five of the year, I'm sorry.

On the other hand, it's nice to see High on Fire, Kylesa, Kvelertak and IntrOnaut in there - and especially Ludicra being up so high. So, I think they have a few good calls in there, too.

I do find the lack of Howl, The Ocean and Landmine Marathon disturbing, however.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 11-24-2010 at 02:24 PM.