View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 10:19 PM
N00B

Enslaved -- Milwaukee, WI -- November 15th, 2010

I only have Enslaved's set, as they were the only band I wanted to see. I got to the Rave at around 6:45 and got second from the rail. Dawn of Ashes played first and the other reviews were right, they fucking sucked. I'm pretty sure they were a 7 piece and played some of the most bland metal I've ever heard. Fortunately their set was only 25 minutes, maybe 30. Afterwards, Blood Red Throne played and they were decent. I think they played 30 minutes, but it seemed like they played a really long set. They finished up around 8:45 and the setup for Enslaved took 30-40 minutes. I'm not sure what the deal was, I think their may have been problems with the monitors, or maybe the drums because they were being soundchecked during most of the set up. Once they got whatever problem taken care of, they literally checked the keyboards, mics and guitars in probably 2 minutes. I was afraid Enslaved's set would get cut, but it didn't.

Axioma
Ethica Odini
Raidho
Fusion of Sense and Earth
Ground
The Beacon
Isa

Same setlist, 40 minutes, but it was terrific. I'm not too crazy about the new album, but these songs are actually really good live, much better. The crowd was a good size during their set, maybe 300-400 people, and there wasn't much moshing or anything, which made it even more enjoyable. I didn't stay for Dimmu Borgir, but I'm sure they had a decent size crowd, considering they haven't been to Milwaukee in 2 years, and when they were last here with Danzig, a noticeable amount of people left before him (idiots). But idk, they also didn't have the Gateways video last time they were here.