View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 08:53 PM
brotuhl

Nile -- Farmingdale, NY -- November 3rd, 2010

CARCINOGEN are a local band from Long Island. Now, believe it or not, they are not generic, breakdown-soaked ___core. Definitely worth a listen. They're going to be opening for Overkill this Saturday. Check them out. ( www.myspace.com/carcinogenmetal )

Transcending
Another Page of Hate
Unholy Aggression
Perpetual Suffering
Dead on an Operating Table

PATHOLOGY: Really good modern grindcore. They were supposed to play here a month ago, but the club owner decided to cancel the show because there was a cloud and some humidity out. Definitely worth the wait.

Symptoms of Bleeding
Code Injection
Among Giants
Age of Onset
Afterlife
Legacy of the Ancients
Collapsing in Violence

This was my 3rd time seeing KEEP of KALESSIN. While it is a little disappointing they played nothing from Armada or Agnen, it was still a cool set. They finally started using a backing track during the solos so it doesn't sound so hollow live. Reptillian is also much better live, not that the record sounds bad to begin with...

Kolossus
The Awakening
Judgement
Dragontower
Ascendant

This was my first time seeing PSYCROPTIC. I don't know enough about them to be able to compare their current lien-up to their previous line-up, but the show and live sound were both very good, especially for the Crazy Donkey.

Horde of Devolution
Lacertine Forest
Ob(servent)
? (started with a sample from THX1138: "You are in my hands, I am here to protect you, you have nowhere to go, you have nowhere to go.")
Initiate

EX DEO are infinitely better than Kataklysm, especially live. They should stick to this band, IMO.

Cruor Nostri Abass
Legio XIII
The Final War (Battle of Actium)
Storm the Gates of Alesia
Blood, Courage, and the Gods That Walk the Earth
Romulus

NILE are crazy as hell live. They're really on top of their game. Unfortunately, the set was almost the exact same as the one they played in January. The only difference was that they cut a couple songs. What makes it even more unfortunate is that the January show also had Cast Down the Heretic cut. The show was still flawless. They have a new bass player who seems to be the current front man. I prefer Dallas' vocals, personally, but it made the show that much more interesting.

Their new record is one of the best they've made since Catacombs (also, IMO), but 4th Arra of Dagon really isn't a live song. Whenever they come back, I'd love to see Annihilation of the Wicked or even Utterances of the Crawling Dead (practically speaking, of course; If you wanna go the other way, it would be sick as hell to see all 4 parts of In Their Darkened Shrines). But anyway, great bands, GREAT show. Enjoy.

Kafir
Sacrifice Unto Sebek
Hitite Dung Incantation
Serpent Headed Mask
Ithyphallic
Those Whom the Gods Detest
4th Arra of Dagon
Permitting the Noble dead to Descend Into the Underworld
Sarcophagus
Lashed to the Slave Stick
Black Seeds of Vengeance

Last edited by Polock91; 11-03-2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Adding Review