View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 09:29 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

The first time I saw metallica was at the Wiltern Theater on May 14 2008, it was easily one of the greatest metal shows of my life. It was just like this small little venue that usually has smaller band shows/or hip hop shows take place.....And to see metallica play at a small venue like this was just phenomenal.....I also attended to a couple of the Death Magnetic Tour and it was a huge disappointment compared to the first time I saw them..They played way too many new songs on the setlist..

When I saw them at the Wiltern they had no album to promote so it was just OLD SCHOOL from start to finish, If I recall these are some of the songs they played at my first metallica concert

Creeping Death
Fight Fire with Fire
Disposable Heroes
WELCOME HOME SANITARIUM
AND JUSTICE FOR ALL...YES THEY PLAYED THE ENTIRE 9 MINUTE SONG
NO REMORSE
One
BATTERY
For Whom the Bell Tolls....

Thats just To name a few...I also went to the bigger arena venues like the 2 shows they did at the Forum in Inglewood for there death magnetic tour, I was pretty dissapointed by the first show to say the least, but the second night was amazing....I have been to 5 metallica shows and nothing will ever compare to the first time I saw them...just seeing them at a small venue which only had a standing pit floor is just a sight to see...and the fact that there was no special effects/gizmo pyro crap made it even feel more oldsschool....

I also forgot to mention this was there first show in California in 3-4 years!!!!....

Last edited by Sepultura69; 10-27-2010 at 09:33 PM.