View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 06:50 AM
...the dead are among us!

Crowbar -- Austin, TX -- October 18th, 2010

Venue: Emo's

Wow. That was my first time seeing the almighty Crowbar and they certainly lived up to the heaviness I expected and then some. Kirk mentioned that his voice was shot because they had just finished tracking the vocals for the new album. I thought his voice sounded great during songs, it was only during the between song banter that you could tell his voice was a bit tweaked. I never saw him but Kirk also said that Barney fucking Greenway of Napalm Death was in the house last night. Not sure what brings him to Austin, but that was rather badass.

Highlights of the Crowbar set for me included High Rate Extinction and I Have Failed. The 2 new songs sounded great, a fast one and a slow one. (fast for Crowbar anyway) They played about 20 seconds or so of Planets Collide before Kirk stopped the band and said "This is supposed to be our melodic song and one of us is out of tune, so we'll fix that and play it right for you." They sounded spot on when they restarted it. After they finished Kirk croaked out that his voice was totally gone and I don't think they ever came back to play Through the Ashes. It was around 1:45am by then and I was more than satisfied. It was an awesome show. Just absolutely crushing heaviness. If you are someone concerned about your auditory health I would recommend ear protection for this one. Oh, and you might want to stretch your neck a bit first also.
8/30 - Morbid Saint / Vektor

Last edited by smearCampaign; 10-19-2010 at 06:56 AM.