View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Wrath!

The Devin Townsend Project -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- October 8th, 2010

Not the most familiar with Devin's entire catalogue, but went anyways because I admire his playing/production and knew it would be a great show.

First up was some local band, can't remember their name. Never seen a more bored crowd in my entire life. Sounded like an Alice In Chains cover band meets Nickelback meets the chemicals that produce the feeling of irritation in one's brain. They closed their set with a heavy rendition of "Another Brick In The Wall pt. II".

Second was the UK's TesseracT. I had never heard of them until recently, and never really listened to their material until last night. Wow. These guys had the precision of a surgeon, but managed to keep up an excellent stage presence and a fun atmosphere. They really looked glad to be there. The crowd was nuts for them. Moshing everywhere, headbanging, etc. Vancouver is usually pretty great for reacting to good music (no matter how unknown it is prior to the show) but this definitely stood out to me. These guys will be headlining pretty soon.

And finally, the mighty Dev. Really sorry I can't provide you guys with a full setlist, but he did play from about 10:50 till 12:30.

I know for sure he played the following:
*NOW COMPLETE*

Addicted
Supercrush
Kingdom
Deadhead
Truth
Om
By Your Command
Life (He made tribute to ICP with the "Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?" line about halfway through )
Gaia
Pixillate
Bad Devil
---------
Color Your World
The Greys
Deep Peace

I'm definitely missing a lot. It flowed pretty well and he didn't announce any titles. If you post a song or two that you really want to know about, I'm sure I can give it a listen and tell you if I remember hearing it or not. 'Funeral' wasn't played though. Not that I was expecting it, but it is my favourite Devin song. Great show!

Last edited by Northern_Shaman; 10-17-2010 at 01:28 PM.