View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 02:57 PM
N00B

Immolation -- Milwaukee, WI -- October 7th, 2010

I got to the Rave at about 6:15 and the doors were not open. Blue October were also playing that night so there was a huge line. Then the doors opened for Immolation a few minutes later and I'm pretty sure I was the first one in. At about 7:15 Pathology came on and played for 30 minutes. They were an okay band, pretty generic technical death metal as far I could tell.

Next were Lecherous Nocturne who I also saw in April with Cannibal Corpse. They must have a new bassist because the guy playing for them was definitely not the same bassist from April. I wasn't crazy about them last time and I'm still not. They played for 30 minutes.

Abigail Williams played next and they actually weren't terrible. The vocalist/guitarist sucked, but the lead guitar play was really good and played some awesome riffs and leads. They also played 30 minutes.

Vader were next and had the largest crowd of about 100 people (pathetic). They played 45 minutes and ripped right through their set with barely any talking between songs. I can't get a setlist right now, but I know for certain they played Sothis and Blood of Kingu.

Immolation were next and about half of the crowd left, leaving an embarrassingly small crowd. But I guess it wasn't that bad because I didn't have to deal with any pushing/moshing. They destroyed, probably the best show I've seen all year (so far). They played 75 minutes and here is their set...

Intro
The Purge
Majesty and Decay
Once Ordained
Father, You're Not A Father
Hate's Plague
Close To A World Below
Nailed To Gold
A Glorious Epoch
Of Martyrs And Men
Interlude
A Thunderous Consequence
Those Left Behind
Away From God
Power And Shame
---
Harnessing Ruin

Great set, although it would have cool to hear Higher Coward or Lost Passion. But whatever, I heard Nailed To Gold and CTAWB.