View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

So, two things:

First, I like all three sets. I would rank them HoF > Kylesa > Torche in terms of awesomeness, for the following reasons:

HoF's set includes all / most of the essentials, except maybe Devilution but then again, they played BLESSED BLACK FUCKING WINGS . The Tony, you are a lucky bastard. I've seen them four times now and still haven't heard my favorite song of theirs. Kylesa's set rules simply because they played all the best songs from Static Tensions, plus Hollow Severer (the best track from TWFIW), and several new tracks (I'm liking Spiral Shadow so far). Torche's set comes in last simply because they skipped a few of my favorites, played the entire new EP - which I'm still getting used to (it's just OK to me so far), and they ended with two monumental sludgefests back to back. That must have been one long, molasses-like fucking ending. Heavy, yes, but I mean holy shit already.

The second thing is, I have a real schedule dilemma for next week. I could see just one of the following:

Triptykon / 1349 / Yakuza for $20 in C-town on a Wednesday night...I've never seen any of the three bands before.
High on Fire / Kylesa / Torche for $15 - same venue, on Friday - but I've seen (HoF x 4) + (Kylesa x 3) + (Torche x 1) before, or...
BLS (fucking yawn) / Bodom / CLUTCH in Shittsburgh, which is about two hours away for about fifty got damn dollars.

I hate to say it, because I reallyreallyreallyreally want to see Triptykon, but it's looking like it might be HoF/Kylesa/Torche.

Help!

Last edited by Natrlhi; 10-05-2010 at 11:57 AM.