View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 11:35 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Actually my singer just bought a bass and amp on Friday. . Both of us are going to doing a side project while our guitarist is filling in on bass for a local band called American Gothic. We're going to be going in a Post Metal direction for it ala Isis, Wolves In The Throne Room. I've never been in a band like that so it's going to be fun.

That is why I want to do Dogman, it's one of King's X best known, heaviest, catchiest songs. Although all of our songs are either in D or E. To me, it would be worth downtuning one song for it. Goldilox would be amazing. It's sad that Dug won't sing it anymore *has the crowd participate for it from now on* but it's always been one of my favorites.

Our guitarist does backups and I've been toying with the idea of singing as well. I mean if Mike Portnoy can play what he does and sing, I have no excuse. Our bassist refuses to sing, which is ok with us, But alas that is what I'm afraid of is vocal harmonies. I want the cover to be as good, if not better then the original, nowhere near worse.

That is actually our plan is to but a cover as the 2nd to last song and finish with our song Souls Of The Damned *it's the perfect closer for us*.

One song that our guitarist is really gung ho about playing is For Whom The Bell Tolls because of how easy it is *sans bass*. But I feel if we cover Metallica, I wanna cover a badass song that will get people going.

I guess that's the other thing I'm really looking for in a cover, I don't want to do the top hit from a band, I'd rather do a lesser known song that people will discover because of us then want to go check out the original.
Random question, do you use anything that would make it easier for us to talk back and forth? (Facebook chat, AIM, Yahoo Messenger)