View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 04:07 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLRedWing13 View Post
I'm not that high on Hudler, he was good in our Cup run in 2008 but then disappeared in 2009 after the Ducks series. Regardless, it is an upgrade because we did struggle to find consistency in our third and fourth lines, and he is a good player on those lines, at the very least.

I think Jimmy Howard will be fine after being thrown into the fire last year. I do expect Ozzie to get more games, however, to spell him.

Overall I think it will be very close between the Hawks and Wings in the Central this year. Personally, I'd rather not have to steal home-ice advantage in the playoffs, especially when it comes to the Sharks or Hawks.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Hudler is the second coming of Stevie Y or anything but the Wings were hit pretty hard with injuries last year if I remember correctly. With Hudler and Modano, they're that much deeper at forward which should help them stay afloat should the injury bug hit again.

As much as I hate to say it, I think the Wings will take the Central with the Hawks a very close second. Doesn't matter though, one of them is going to destroy Vancouver in the second round and meet in the Conference Finals where Chicago will get some revenge for two years ago.