View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Close your eyes forget your name

American Carnage -- Denver, CO -- August 25th, 2010

Well this is my first post on metal set lists, so please don't flame me too hard for any n00b mistakes
---------------------
Slayer and Megadeth, two of my favorite bands coming together. It seems like I have been waiting for this show forever since it was postponed in January due to Tom's back surgey. But it got re-done and also throw in Rust in Peace and Seasons in the Abyss in full (which by the way made me piss myself when I read it) But finally the day arrived and I was not dissapointed.

Me and my friends got there just as Testament came to the stage. I know a little about Testament but not much; I did not see their whole set because I wanted to make sure I got my XXL t-shirts before they ran out. We came back at the end of the set and got to see the wall of death. It was awesome to see so many people crash together. Testament played for about 30/45 min and played very well; I am not 100% on the set list so if anyone can help out (8/10)
EDIT: I got this from the Bonner Springs show from setlist.fm so I assume they play the same thing though out American Carnage

01.For The Glory Of
02.More Than Meets the Eye
03.Dog Faced Gods
04.The New Order
05.Trial By Fire
06.Practice What You Preach
07.D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)
08.3 Days in Darkness
09.The Formation Of Damnation

A quick turn around and Megadeth hit the stage; like other reviews of this tour Megadeth were spot on; Dave rarely spoke to us but everyone was on fire. I was sad that Megadeth did not come to Denver for the RIP tour in March but I got it tonight. Every song from RIP and the encores were awesome. Dave wished us a safe trip home so they can see us again (9.5/10)

01. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
02. Hangar 18
03. Take No Prisoners
04. Five Magics
05. Poison Was the Cure
06. Lucretia
07. Tornado of Souls
08. Dawn Patrol (Vic came out, very awesome)
09. Rust in Peace...Polaris
---------
10. Trust
11. Head Crusher
12. A Tout Le Monde
13. Symphony of Destruction
14.Peace Sells (w/ Holy Wars reprise)

Tonight was my first Slayer show and they slayed the place; the pits grew larger and larger as Slayer played along; Seasons is one of my favorites of all time and to hear it in full was just awesome. Like Megadeth Slayer tore through their set without mercy. (10/10)

01. World Painted Blood
02. Hate Worldwide
03. War Ensemble
04. Blood Red
05. Spirit in Black
06. Expendable Youth
07. Dead Skin Mask
08. Hallowed Point
09. Skeletons of Society
10. Temptation
11. Born of Fire
12. Seasons in the Abyss
------------
13. South of Heaven
14. Raining Blood
15.Aggressive Perfector
16.Angel of Death

So overall a solid 10/10; I didn't really have any complaints about this one. The sound was awesome, even on the far left of the stage. One more thing is there is a open area that connects the arena to the offices of the Denver University sports teams. I assume the rich Alumi stay there because there were small tables to put drinks, unseen bathrooms away from the main ones and enough room to have a small pit; and the best part was that the fuzz left us alone and no once came up and asked us back to our seats. Awesome

Last edited by DisposableJustice; 08-26-2010 at 01:11 AM. Reason: New setlist for Testament