View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Hmmm, I think they left out Bat Country because of what the lyrics mean, its about someone commiting suicide, and since the Rev's passing, they probably felt they wanted to drop it in favour of the newer stuff since thats in tribute to the Rev, whereas Bat Country kinda pours salt in the wound that he's gone. But thats just my theory. I don't mind anyway I've already seen them play a greatest hits set with the Rev, so I'm most looking forward to the new stuff.

Get Inside, however, I do not understand, they have three albums, an hour is enough time to play every popular song from them. I do hope this is rectified when I see them in London on Halloween.
Great point. I always assumed it was a tribute to the movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas but lyrically I see what you mean now. The movie was about taking drugs to an obsessive level so I'm sure that has something to do with them not playing it.

I hope time heals those wounds and they go back to playing it at some point. I'm not a huge fan by any means but I really dig that song, especially live.

As far as Get Inside it's probably the Stone Sour song most like Slipknot to me. Definitely Top 3.