View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 01:52 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
the Casual ones are the fans that think Reign through Seasons is the bands finest run whereas the real hardcore fans think Show No Mercy through Reign in Blood is the band's finest run.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a hardcore Slayer fan would probably love most of their catalog? I think you're mistaking "hardcore Slayer fan" for a "hardcore thrash fan." Many thrashers don't even like Slayer. Those that do and still remain to be "tr00" in that genre usually just like the first two, sometimes Reign in Blood as well.

I think their first five albums are their finest run. South of Heaven and Seasons are classics, you'd be crazy to discredit those.

Agree with you on the casual fan point, that's exactly right.

...Anyways, about this setlist. You've all read my points before. It's great that they're doing Seasons in its entirety, but the rest of the set is lacking. Three staples and two new songs? Please.

Also, I already saw them do Seasons in Italy this summer (just my luck), so I just don't want to see the exact same set minus a few songs.

Don't get me wrong though, I still think it's a lazy set even if I am mad about seeming the same thing all over again.