View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 11:04 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post

and Manks, the Casual ones are the fans that think Reign through Seasons is the bands finest run whereas the real hardcore fans think Show No Mercy through Reign in Blood is the band's finest run.
I beg to differ. Slayer is my second favorite band of all time, and I consider Reign through Seasons their best.

Anyway, the show was amazing. I was on the rail to the far right for Testament and Megadeth. There really wasn't much going on, so I didn't really enjoy myself as much as I could've. I don't know, but I really wasn't feeling Megadeth, but I think that's just because the crowd was pretty dead where I was. For Slayer I was in the pit the whole time. Let me just say that this was easily the best time I had at a thrash show. The pits were insane yet so much fun at the same time, though the crowd died down a little bit during the three "meh" songs towards the end of Seasons (suck it, Mank). But once Raining Blood started, the pit erupted.

Overall, Testament and Megadeth were both great, but I wasn't really feeling it (though Trial by Fire was awesome). Slayer was amazing. I don't care what anyone says, but that set was awesome. Blood Red, Spirit in Black, and Expendable Youth were all amazing.