View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 08:40 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
No, but this guy was saying how awful metalcore was and how people who like metalcore are "false", but he likes Primus. I know you yourself like Primus, but I consider them one of the most over-rated, obnoxious, and least enjoyable bands ever. Just thought it was a little hypocritical.
I now understand and appreciate your argument. Well done.

Now, let me address a few points in your reply:

one of the most over-rated
By some, I'm sure. I think my love for them is in just the right proportion, though. There's really no denying that Les Claypool is a highly creative individual, though - and pretty much a pioneer and legend at the way he plays the instruments that he plays (especially the bass guitar).

Perhaps - but that's what a lot of their fans like about them. Be careful about how far you take the "obnoxious" label, though...Clutch's earlier material - especially the vocals - was pretty obnoxious as well, and we all know how awesome they are. Being awesome allows for some leeway in the obnoxious category, methinks.

least enjoyable bands ever.
Get the fuck out.

Just kidding. They are quite obviously an acquired taste. People either love them or hate them - there's really no in-between. It's obvious we're on opposite sides of that fence, and that's OK. (You're just wrong, is all. )
9/2 Chelsea Wolfe
10/16 Kylesa / Inter Arma / Indian Handcrafts / Irata
10/28 Acid King
11/13 Windhand