View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 08:40 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
No, but this guy was saying how awful metalcore was and how people who like metalcore are "false", but he likes Primus. I know you yourself like Primus, but I consider them one of the most over-rated, obnoxious, and least enjoyable bands ever. Just thought it was a little hypocritical.
I now understand and appreciate your argument. Well done.

Now, let me address a few points in your reply:

Quote:
one of the most over-rated
By some, I'm sure. I think my love for them is in just the right proportion, though. There's really no denying that Les Claypool is a highly creative individual, though - and pretty much a pioneer and legend at the way he plays the instruments that he plays (especially the bass guitar).

Quote:
obnoxious
Perhaps - but that's what a lot of their fans like about them. Be careful about how far you take the "obnoxious" label, though...Clutch's earlier material - especially the vocals - was pretty obnoxious as well, and we all know how awesome they are. Being awesome allows for some leeway in the obnoxious category, methinks.

Quote:
least enjoyable bands ever.
Get the fuck out.

Just kidding. They are quite obviously an acquired taste. People either love them or hate them - there's really no in-between. It's obvious we're on opposite sides of that fence, and that's OK. (You're just wrong, is all. )