View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
the point

indestructible's head
Well, that was a long fucking read...entertaining at times, and disturbing at others. At the end of the day, as much as it galls me to say it, I think indestructibibble actually got it mostly right. This isn't an ethics discussion board (thank the fuck christ), so most of the hateration that's been thrown around here basically has no place. It's a music forum focused primarily on metal, where we also talk about other shit that turns us on (movies, games, sports, whatever) from time to time. Morality has nothing to do with it (as long as nobody gets hurt).

...and before somebody says, "I wasn't talking about morality, I was talking about MATURITY!", let me just say this: Manks strikes me as being a whole lot more mature than his posts normally would seem to indicate, but that's one of the things that entertains me about his posts. He often comes off as extremely immature, but basically it's on purpose (and usually, it's pretty funny). So if anybody wants to talk about immaturity here, we'd better decide who to launch the stones at for real - jhdiety or Manks (how 'bout neither?).

Sorry, Manks - just callin' it the way I see it. I know he's grinded your gears before this, but I really don't see what all the fuss is in this case. If jhdeity wants to post a bunch of pics of semi-hot chicks in his gig report, I'm not gonna stand in his way. Now, if he actually needs people to validate his ego by congratulating him for it - and I'm not saying whether he does or he doesn't - then that's his problem and he can chose to deal with it or not deal with it as he sees fit. If he wants to be a forty-year-old kid, who are you or I or anyone else to tell him he can't? Just because you find it sad or embarrassing or not what you would do doesn't mean you should call him out for it, but if you choose to do so, then you've brought on yourself whatever comes next. I mean, it's not like you didn't know exactly how he was gonna react.

I'm done.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 08-01-2010 at 06:16 PM.