View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 06:04 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame747 View Post
I agree with everything you just said. I'm beyond disappointed, but not just the song writing. I'm a HUGE Dream Theater fan and I was excited when Mike Portnoy announced he would be playing drums. Yes, I understand that it was a tribute to The Rev and I'm sure he didn't want to overdo it... But come on. The only two songs that I enjoyed the drums on for were Natural Born Killer and Save Me. Don't get me wrong, I understand Avenged Sevenfold and Dream Theater are completely different, but the fans who only care about speed certainly aren't going to go and check out Portnoy's bands now.

And there are quite a lot of people I know that think that The Rev recorded the album. When the hell are the people that I go to school with going to learn the name Mike Portnoy instead of raving about Travis Barker?

And yea, the slower songs are a bit too soft. The only slow one from them I ever really got into was Seize the Day back in my mallcore days.
I'm a big Dream Theater fan as well(forgot to mention that in that quick review earlier) and I agree they really didn't give him much to do here.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/