View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadjedi View Post
I like some Graves era songs and got to see them once with Graves on vocals back in 2000. However, seeing them with Jerry Only - bass, vocals Dez Cadena - guitar, vocals and Robo - drums was even cooler in my book! Because they played all old songs like "Halloween," "Die Die My Darling," "Last Caress," and even covered Dez and Robo's old band Black Flag with "Rise Above". Marky Ramone came out and they played some Ramones covers like “I Wanna Be Sedated,” “Sheena is a Punk Rocker” and “Blitzkrieg Bop.”

Overall, I feel Graves just can't touch the Danzig era songs: Static Age, 20 Eyes, Skulls, Devil's Whorehouse, Halloween I and II, Demonomia, We Bite, We Are 138, Die Die My Darling, Where Eagles Dare, Attitude, She, Vampiria, Hybird Theory, In The Doorway, Mommy Can I Go Out and Kill Tonight, Last Caress, Ghouls Night Out, Astro Zombies, Teenagers in Mars, Children in Heat, London Dungeon, etc. Similarly, I don't feel Derrick can touch Max era albums especially Arise. I liked Chaos A.D. but didn't like their sound in Roots.
RISE ABOVE WE GONNA RISE ABOVE

That must have been sweet