View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 08:53 PM
N00B

This is what I have been thinking since I saw the poster for the shows, but it may be that they didn't want to stir up any shit by having Megadeth play RIGHT before Metallica. I'm sure the people that organized this shit knew that it was a volatile situation they were dealing with and didn't want to step on anyone's toes, whether or not shit was laid to rest. I figured they were going to run into some issues like this anyway. I mean it's obvious to have Metallica headline, but they really ran into an issue when they all probably stopped and looked at each other and said "....Fuck me....now what...." when they got to where to put Megadeth. I really respect the decision. Hey, look at it this way, at least you don't have to wait as long to see Megadeth play, haha.

Just a small side note. I saw the photos released on blabbermouth of all the guys from the bands...it was seriously breathtaking. To see Mustaine one person away from Lars and James...and with his arm around Kerry King....to see all of those people in the same room, hanging out....it's amazing. Think of the legacy that was set in stone by Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax. I mean personally, I wouldn't complain if there were only 4 bands in the world, and they were it, because I can just listen to their discographies continuously. "The Big Four"...

I don't know about you guys, and I know people insert their theories as to what we want these bands to be playing live, but fuck man, these guys have been around the town a few times, ya know? They know what they gotta play. While these shows are being played, let's fucking be proud to say that we are alive while this shit is occurring, and complain about how we can't be there (haha), and just plain scream about how fucking excited we are that this is actually happening!!

But....BUT....how badass would the GIANT 8 Tour be?!?!
1. Black Sabbath
2. Judas Priest
3. Iron Maiden
4. Motorhead
5. Metallica
6. Megadeth
7. Slayer
8. Anthrax

I might follow Adam Lambert and Justin Beiber around the United States to see that...

THE BIG FOUR!!