View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 10:43 PM
In Search of Truth

Just a bit of two cents from myself...

First, I should say that I am definitely overweight, and I need to lose a good chunk of weight in order to feel better about how I look and feel, and more importantly - just feel better. I have already started to work on smaller things to take steps towards that happening. But it's not easy - for me, it's something similar to what Brad said as far as food goes.

But ultimately, I don't really have a ton of respect for people who go really nuts with watching everything they eat, making sure they work out as much as possible, and stressing out over the exact numbers on a scale. You can say: "That's just because you're fat" all you want, but you'd be wrong. Because I haven't always been the way I am now, and I've had this opinion for a long time. I have a certain line I have to draw somewhere, and at the end of the day, I will not torture myself. Sure, I could - and yeah, maybe I'd weigh the "correct" amount, and all that wonderful stuff. But at the end of the day, it doesn't change things so much that I think it's worth the personal struggle. In the end - we're all going to die eventually, and it's not gonna matter who's 15 pounds overweight or not. You will never be able to convince me that my life would be exponentially better if I were in perfect physical condition. You can tell me I'm wrong - but I'm gonna admit I'm pretty stubborn.

But yeah - I don't want to set anyone off here, because I really doubt I'm talking about anyone that's posting here. I still believe it's more than worthwhile to diet and exercise, and they can make you feel a lot better and better about yourself. I just don't believe in going off the deep end - to me it's more just about living the life you want to live and living it the way it works best for you.