View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 07:34 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Yeah, I know how weird is it that we talk about actual metal bands on a metal message board and not an alternative/industrial band like NIN?

I noticed on that link you posted that you singled out the Nevermore thread. First of all Nevermore destroys NIN and most other bands out there right now. Second of all if you read the thread you would realize there was more discussion going on there than just the Nevermore tour.

Also, singling out the Exodus thread is just plain dumb. They're a highly regaurded and influential thrash metal band. Yes, they didn't reach the height of popularity the big four did. But they did have a sizeable following in metals heyday of the 80s and early 90s. They still have a respectable following now since they've been around in one form or another for the better part of the last 30 years. Just because some bands didn't reach the height of fame your precious Trent Reznor did doesn't mean that these bands aren't better than them.

More fame doesn't equal a better band, good music does.
I'm just as big of fan of Nevermore and Exodus as I am of NIN. I think for an industrial METAL band, NIN is one of the very best out there. Also, everyone I know who likes metal also like NIN so I figured that since everyone on here likes metal, most of them like NIN too which is why I'm a bit surprised that the thread for Trent's new project isn't getting more action. But maybe most on here don't like NIN which is fine too.