View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 06:12 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
I think I'd like to stay in the city after the gig though, Maiden have a day off on the 13th so all I have to do that day is make a 6 hour drive to Pittsburgh for the next show. I was hoping to walk around Manhattan for a few hours before hitting the road. I'll have to look at the schedule but would I be correct in assuming that a fair number of trains still operate throughout Manhattan even late at night?

Good tip about the change though.

Also, is there a certain train in from Jersey that is better than the others? I assume the one coming from Newark Airport would be good.

Thanks for all the help so far.

And yeah, BT, I'll be alone.
If you want to stay in the city that's your call, but I can't imagine it's going to be more affordable than staying in New Jersey for the night. All the trains are part of the NJ Transit system, so more or less they're all the same. I tend to take the train from fairly far away from the city - which can be a bitch because it's a longer ride - but seriously, the further you stay from the city and the whole Newark/Hoboken/Jersey City/Sports Complex/NJ Turnpike disaster that exists around the city is better for you.

If your tickets are not GA tickets - if it's possible I'd just recommend you do what I initially suggested and get into the city a couple hours early if you want to walk around.