View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 03:36 AM
Altars of Radness
Hypocrisy -- Santa Ana, CA -- May 14th, 2010

I arrived at The Galaxy about a half hour before the doors opened. After getting in and waiting for a while, Swashbuckle came on. Honestly, I don't care much for their music but they put on a good live show. The vocalist is pretty funny on stage and they dress like pirates of course. Not sure what they played.

Next was a local band I hadn't heard of, Crepitus. The vocalist's hair reminded me of Dr. Rockso (Metalocalypse), but they were actually pretty good. After them was another local band, Mictlantecuhtli. They had a lot of feedback during the first song and a horrible mix for the rest of their set. Plus, they did not impress me that much.

Blackguard was next. I saw them last year on the Summer Slaughter Tour and thought they were alright, but for some reason tonight I enjoyed them a lot more. I'm not sure why exactly, but maybe my interests have changed a bit? I actually want to see them again now.

Next in the lineup was Hate! I was pretty excited to see them. They had some technical difficulties with the drum kit while doing the soundcheck, which cut their set INCREDIBLY short. I was pretty disappointed about that, but it happens. I'm glad I got to see them anyway, though. Hopefully they will come back next year or something.
  1. ???
  2. Hex
  3. Omega

After Hate played I went out to the lobby to meet Blackguard. Justine is very nice and man is it awesome to see a girl play drums in metal. Scar Symmetry started playing while I was talking to them, but I wasn't really interested in seeing them. It's not that they're a bad band, I just can't stand the singing. No, singing does not annoy me, it's just that their singing does. Sorry, no set.

FINALLY, at 12:10 Hypocrisy came on stage! I went in the pit for a while and then got up to the rail (it wasn't that crowded) to watch the rest of the set. I wouldn't have changed anything. They actually played all the songs I wanted to hear. I ended up buying a shirt and their new album. The show ended at 1:35 and I went home satisfied. Here is the setlist, which I got from the stage.
  1. Valley of the Damned
  2. Hang Him High
  3. Fractured Millenium
  4. Adjusting the Sun
  5. Eraser
  6. Pleasure of Molestation / Osculum Obscenum / Penetralia
  7. Apocalypse / The 4th Dimension
  8. Killing Art
  9. A Coming Race
  10. Let the Knife Do the Talking
  11. Weed Out the Weak
  12. Fire in the Sky