View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
So you actually went? It was totally fucking awesome except for Mastodon cutting the set short because of this.Also Baroness definitely played The Gnashing.
Yes, I actually went. I don't regret it one bit. The show was still killer, and I had a great time. I will see Mastodon every time it is a possibility, but Brent still needs to get his shit together. Plus...did you notice how awesome Blood and Thunder was as a three piece still?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVEtoROCK86 View Post
This is the third show this tour that I've heard was shit (including mine in Sayreville, which I I posted the set for). Brent is acting extremely unprofessionally time and time again and I don't know how the band is tolerating it. It's a shame because the music is great; Bill, Brann, and Troy are so tight as a three piece;...Brent IS the problem and yes, I'd like to see him gone. Although he is a large creative force in the band, we'll have no more Mastodon if he keeps this up. I think his bad habits and antics will tear apart the band from the inside out.
First off, this show was far from shit. They were spot on the whole night, but Brent just was wasted as fuck. I've seen them 5 times and all but one he's been smashed, never this bad though. They looked genuinely concerned about him though throughout the show however. Troy had a look on his face that I've only seen on my Dad when he's really worried about something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
If John Baizley pulled double duty in Baroness and Mastodon it would be boner-worthy.
...I'd be happy...